HWI Adds OVENZZ™ BLOCK to Family of Products
Pittsburgh, PA – March, 2017 – HarbisonWalker International (HWI), the largest supplier of refractory products and services in the U.S., has added OVENZZ™ BLOCK to its comprehensive line of firebricks and refractory ceramic material solutions for suppliers, designers, and builders of commercial or residential brick ovens.
The OVENZZ BLOCK brand is a pre-cast, dried form of the company’s OVENZZ CAST product, and is one of the only NSF-certified pre-cast solutions currently available for baking oven applications. All OVENZZ products are certified by NSF International to meet American National Standard/NSF International Standard 51 for food equipment material use and approved contact with food.
The complete line of OVENZZ solutions makes it possible to construct a variety of oven shapes, sizes, and designs that are both high performing and safe:
• OVENZZ™ BRICK — ASTM C27 super-duty firebrick, available in numerous shapes and sizes. This product is high fired and requires no priming.
• OVENZZ™ LW CAST — lightweight, insulating castable refractory with extraordinary strength and excellent insulating properties. Suitable for casting shapes, pouring in place, and filling large cracks and holes. It provides a more thermal-efficient solution than dense products. It’s made with GREENLITE® aggregate, a higher-strength insulating product.
• OVENZZ™ CAST — fireclay-based, cement-bonded, dense castable refractory. Suitable for casting shapes, pouring in place, and filling large cracks and holes.
• OVENZZ™ MORTAR — high-alumina, air-setting refractory mortar that is ideal for troweling.
• OVENZZ™ BLOCK – a pre-cast, dried form of the company’s OVENZZ CAST product.
OVENZZ is one of the few product solutions to offer 360-degree interior coverage across floors, walls, and ceilings. The line’s full interior refractory applications improve thermal efficiency while the oven is in use. OVENZZ products allow for faster oven heating and cooking times and even heat distribution that
improves baking performance. Foods cook faster and taste better. The products allow for strong thermal efficiency and high performance heating that can also save costs over the life of the oven.
HarbisonWalker International created the OVENZZ line by applying its 150-plus years of refractories expertise to create a proven, scalable oven solution for everyone from major manufacturers to food trucks, restaurants and even the outdoor-oven home cook. Related products from HarbisonWalker International also include ceramic fiber blankets and bulk fiber products that help keep oven exteriors cool, improving baking environment safety.
The complete OVENZZ line is readily available through any of the company’s numerous global sourcing centers strategically located throughout North America.
For more information about OVENZZ, visit ovenzzrefractory.com or call HarbisonWalker International at (800) 887-5555 to immediately be connected to the global sourcing center nearest you.
About HarbisonWalker International
With more than 150 years of industry leadership, HarbisonWalker International (HWI) is the largest supplier of refractory products and services in the United States. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the company’s international network spans North America, Europe, and Asia, with 19 manufacturing plants, 30 global sourcing centers, and technology facilities in both the United States and China. Serving virtually every major industry that requires refractory solutions to enhance production and protect assets, HWI is consistently recognized for its talented experts, industry firsts, and intensely driven excellence.