HWI to Showcase Refractory Ergonomics Solutions for Steelmakers at AISTech 2021
As an exhibitor at AISTech 2021, from June 29 to July 1, HarbisonWalker International (HWI) will feature several refractory innovations that provide steelmakers with numerous safety, ergonomic, productivity, and performance benefits.
At Booth #2121, during the AIST’s Iron & Steel Technology Conference and Exposition, HWI’s team of refractory experts will present live demonstrations of its MULE-R (Material Unit Lift Enhancer – Refractory) lift-assist robotic technology at the top of each hour during the exposition.
Throughout the show, visitors to HWI’s booth can enter a drawing for one winning company to receive an on-site demonstration of the MULE-R at their facility. The winner will be drawn at the conclusion of exhibit hours on July 1.
The MULE-R is a first-of-its-kind lift-assist technology designed expressly for the refractory industry. It dramatically extends a worker’s ergonomic range, allowing for greater productivity, efficiency, and an improved work environment.
In addition to the MULE-R, HWI will also provide additional information and resources about numerous other refractory innovations, including:
- HWI’s Dry-vibe Delivery System – a customizable, dedicated tool that increases the efficiency of installations while reducing the hazards associated with overhead crane loads.
- Ladle bottom solutions that reduce the time and effort required to assemble brick ladle bottoms on-site to yield both ergonomic and efficiency benefits.
- Pre-cast and pre-assembled components that eliminate floor and lower sidewall ladle installation.
- EAF Crane-held Spreader and Vibratory Sled for the installation of monolithic materials for EAF hearths and banks.
- Furnace components and assemblies that offer ergonomic benefits and reduce reline turnaround time.
- Gunning equipment innovations that automate the demanding job of manual gunning for EAFs.
Click here to learn more about HWI’s solutions for the iron and steel industry.
About HarbisonWalker International
With more than 150 years of industry leadership, HarbisonWalker International (HWI) is the largest supplier of refractory products and services in the United States. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the company’s international network spans North America, Europe, and Asia, with 19 manufacturing plants, 30 global sourcing centers, and technology facilities in both the United States and China. Serving virtually every major industry that requires refractory solutions to enhance production and protect assets, HWI is consistently recognized for its talented experts, industry firsts, and intensely driven excellence.