For 75 years, HarbisonWalker International (HWI) has been entrenched in the power generation industry. No one understands your need for a nimble, flexible, responsive refractory partner better than we do.
We offer one of the widest selections of products to address every installation need, including refractory brick, plastics, castables, gunnites, and shotcretes. We also offer unique high emissivity solutions, a proprietary emissivity coating that has been successfully used in applications to decrease fuel usage, increase production rates, and extend refractory life.*
HWI knows the costs involved when units are offline and offers refractory materials that have been engineered to promote the fastest possible dry-out schedules to get your units back online. Discover the reliability that is HarbisonWalker International.
Our ability to constantly research, adapt, and support new customer processes means that we may already have the products in our portfolio to meet your changing needs. Or our dedicated application specialists, engineers, and research and development team will work with you to find the solution that’s a custom fit.
We want to be the only call you’ll need to make. The HarbisonWalker International team and our materials are backed by experienced contractor/installers in the power generation industry, making us the trusted source for your refractory needs.
Proven Refractory Products:
Biomass products include:
- KALA®, ON-LINE® 60G AR, VERSAFLOW® 45 PLUS, and PLASTECH® family
Leading brands in power gasification include:
- Slagging (solid fuels)
- AUREX® family, RESERV® 50, and SERV® 95
- Non-Slagging (oil & gas fuels)
- H-W® CORUNDUM and RUBY® SR
- Dedicated sales personnel ready to respond 24/7/365
- 19 manufacturing plants producing refractory products in North America, Europe, and Asia
- 22 North American distribution centers providing one of the quickest response times in the refractory industry
- Usually shipping with same-day or next-day delivery
- Staging and shipping to anywhere in the world
- Ready-to-ship inventory of our best-selling refractories
Global Projects & Engineering:
- Specialists in new projects offering a range of services, from refractory product supplier all the way to full installation partner
- Greenfield construction
- Manufacturing and plant modernization
- Serving the advanced engineering needs of existing facilities
- End-to-end delivery of refractories: drawings, products, and installation
- Strong conceptual drawing capabilities with meticulous attention to detail
Installation, Service, & Support:
- Support from HWI’s network of premier contractor/installers
- Available benefits of a Value-Added Service (VAS) team:
- Single-source responsibility that delivers cost savings
- Just-in-time delivery of refractory materials, ensuring the freshest product on the jobsite
- Inventory solutions
- Quick response times, minimizing outages and downtime
- More in-depth knowledge of your business, yielding the best refractory solutions
- Embedded HWI team members and resources at your site
- Our Advanced Technology and Research Center is the largest facility in the United States devoted to refractory development, quality assurance, and failure analysis.
Education & Training:
- Ongoing educational seminars at our Advanced Technology and Research Center
- Customized, on-site training for customers upon request
- Webcasts and video training modules upon request