HarbisonWalker International (HWI) provides the largest refractory manufacturing capacity to the glass industry in North America. Over 85 years of research and development in the glass market have enabled us to pioneer innovative glass solutions.
Our refractory products provide a competitive edge. We are the only manufacturer to offer CENTAUR technology, a combo-cast block that provides the highest-performing protection while remaining economical. We also introduced JADE®, the first high-thermal shock resistance for hot repairs. JADE® continues to help customers save energy in electric furnaces.
Our dedicated glass application specialists build custom solutions, trouble-shoot issues, develop technical papers, conduct refractories training, and offer a range of consultation services.
Proven Refractory Products:
TZB®, VISION®, SERV®, ZIRMUL®, and JADE®
- Dedicated sales personnel ready to respond 24/7/365
- 19 manufacturing plants producing refractory products in North America, Europe, and Asia
- 30 North American global sourcing centers providing one of the quickest response times in the refractory industry
- Usually shipping with same-day or next-day delivery
- Staging and shipping to anywhere in the world
- Ready-to-ship inventory of our best-selling refractories
Global Projects & Engineering:
- Specialists in new projects offering a range of services, from refractory product supplier all the way to full installation partner
- Greenfield construction
- Manufacturing and plant modernization
- Serving the advanced engineering needs of existing facilities
- End-to-end delivery of refractories: drawings, products, and installation
- Strong conceptual drawing capabilities with meticulous attention to detail
Installation, Service, & Support:
- Support from HWI’s network of premier contractor/installers
- Available benefits of a Value-Added Service (VAS) team:
- Single-source responsibility that delivers cost savings
- Just-in-time delivery of refractory materials, ensuring the freshest product on the jobsite
- Inventory solutions
- Quick response times, minimizing outages and downtime
- More in-depth knowledge of your business, yielding the best refractory solutions
- Embedded HWI team members and resources at your site
- Our Advanced Technology and Research Center is the largest facility in the United States devoted to refractory development, quality assurance, and failure analysis.
Education & Training:
- Ongoing educational seminars at our Advanced Technology and Research Center
- Customized, on-site training for customers upon request
- Webcasts and video training modules upon request