HarbisonWalker International (HWI) supports customers in the primary and secondary copper and heavy non-ferrous industries across the globe. HarbisonWalker International was the first to introduce chrome alumina refractories to the industry. We also pioneered technology to help optimize the life of our customers’ units through specific application of products that provide extreme protection in select high-wear areas. This innovative design has extended the campaign life of many of our customers’ units.
We provide world-class products, in-depth consultation, and problem solving that enhance our customers’ overall operations. Our dedicated application specialists have deep experience recognizing and addressing process reactions that can take a toll on refractory performance.
Refractory solutions are available in a variety of leading brick and castable formulations that combat high temperatures as well as the erosive and corrosive effects of slag. We specially engineer products to meet the specific lining demands of primary smelting, anode, and secondary copper furnaces, as well as copper converters. We also have products tailored to the needs of secondary lead and brass processes.
Proven Refractory Products:
NARMAG® 60 CU, SUPER NARMAG® 145, SUPER NARMAG® 148CU, NARMAG® FG, SUPER NARMAG® FG, KRUZITE®-70, RUBY®, and AUREX®
- Dedicated sales personnel ready to respond 24/7/365
- 19 manufacturing plants producing refractory products in North America, Europe, and Asia
- 30 North American global sourcing centers providing one of the quickest response times in the refractory industry
- Usually shipping with same-day or next-day delivery
- Staging and shipping to anywhere in the world
- Ready-to-ship inventory of our best-selling refractories
Global Projects & Engineering:
- Specialists in new projects offering a range of services, from refractory product supplier all the way to full installation partner
- Greenfield construction
- Manufacturing and plant modernization
- Serving the advanced engineering needs of existing facilities
- End-to-end delivery of refractories: drawings, products, and installation
- Strong conceptual drawing capabilities with meticulous attention to detail
Installation, Service, & Support:
- Support from HWI’s network of premier contractor/installers
- Available benefits of a Value-Added Service (VAS) team:
- Single-source responsibility that delivers cost savings
- Just-in-time delivery of refractory materials, ensuring the freshest product on the jobsite
- Inventory solutions
- Quick response times, minimizing outages and downtime
- More in-depth knowledge of your business, yielding the best refractory solutions
- Embedded HWI team members and resources at your site
- Our Advanced Technology and Research Center is the largest facility in the United States devoted to refractory development, quality assurance, and failure analysis.
Education & Training:
- Ongoing educational seminars at our Advanced Technology and Research Center
- Customized, on-site training for customers upon request
- Webcasts and video training modules upon request
Customers Find Financial Success with AUREX® 30 SR.
In 2015 a US secondary copper recycling plant installed AUREX® 30 SR instead of conventional magnesia-chrome products. The plant was able to triple the life of the furnace lining in the high-wear slagline. This led to significant production efficiencies and annual revenue increases.