HWI has been entrenched in the chemical industry for over 50 years. Our refractory products are put to the test around the world every day. To achieve success, we form tight partnerships with our customers, their original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and refractory contractor/installers. This coordinated approach ensures that the most relevant and accurate refractory solutions are applied to your business. Our dedicated chemical application specialists respond to technical issues, analyze customer operations, and make product and process improvements.
Experience the difference that HWI’s Value-Added Service (VAS) team makes. The VAS team can include a wide range of support, from simple consultation to on-site installation services. We have equipment rental services and a full range of inventory solutions. We can also provide priority access to our Advanced Research and Technology Center testing services. Our role can be customized to your needs. We can step in as simply a refractory product supplier, or we can take the job all the way through installation. You decide.
Proven Refractory Products:
KX-99®-BF, KX-99®, CLIPPER® DP, KALA®, KALA® SR, UFALA®, KRUZITE®-70, AUREX® 95 P, KAST-O-LITE® family, GREENLITE® family, VERSAGUN® ABR, VERSAGUN® 80 ABR, VERSAFLOW® 70, VERSAFLOW® 57A, ON-LINE® 60G AR, and INSWOOL®
- Dedicated sales personnel ready to respond 24/7/365
- Manufacturing plants producing refractory products in North America
- Strategically placed distribution centers providing one of the quickest response times in the refractory industry
- Usually shipping with same-day or next-day delivery
- Staging and shipping to anywhere in the world
- Ready-to-ship inventory of our best-selling refractories
Global Projects & Engineering:
- Specialists in new projects offering a range of services, from refractory product supplier all the way to full installation partner
- Greenfield construction
- Manufacturing and plant modernization
- Serving the advanced engineering needs of existing facilities
- End-to-end delivery of refractories: drawings, products, and installation
- Strong conceptual drawing capabilities with meticulous attention to detail
Installation, Service, & Support:
- Support from HWI’s network of premier contractor/installers
- Available benefits of a VAS team:
- Single-source responsibility that delivers cost savings
- Just-in-time delivery of refractory materials, ensuring the freshest product on the jobsite
- Inventory solutions
- Quick response times, minimizing outages and downtime
- More in-depth knowledge of your business, yielding the best refractory solutions
- Embedded HWI team members and resources at your site
- Our Advanced Technology and Research Center is the largest facility in the United States devoted to refractory development, quality assurance, and failure analysis.
Education & Training:
- Ongoing educational seminars at our Advanced Technology and Research Center
- Customized, on-site training for customers upon request
- Webcasts and video training modules upon request
AUREX® 95 P Brick Is a Leading Choice for Commercial Gasifiers.
In 2009 the US Department of Energy (DOE) published ratings for the AUREX® 95 P, giving it an “‘excellent’ or ‘exceptional’ in terms of increasing service life in high-wear areas of the gasifier, and in lowering operational costs.” In that same article, the DOE went on to say, “The AUREX® 95 P represents the most significant improvement in gasifier refractories in over 25 years” [http://energy.gov/fe/articles/improved-lining-material-gasifiers-could-lead-wider].