You've Never Seen
We’re the thought leaders. The researchers. The innovators. The tech geeks. We’re the refractory partners who won’t melt when the heat is on, who live to solve your greatest challenges. Every day at HarbisonWalker International, we design refractory solutions that help improve efficiencies, make installations easier, extend campaign lives, and save customers millions of dollars. And it all begins with our intensely driven service teams.
Value-added services (vas) Team. Only From HWI.
Enjoy the utmost in refractory service. HarbisonWalker International’s dedicated Value-Added Service (VAS) team provides on-site management, installation, equipment, inventory management, heating solutions, and testing. Benefits include:
- Single-source responsibility that delivers cost savings
- Just-in-time delivery of refractory materials, ensuring the freshest product on the jobsite
- Quick response times, minimizing outages and downtime
- More in-depth knowledge of your business, yielding the best refractory solutions
- Embedded HWI team member support and resources at your site
A Global Projects and Engineering Team That’s Worlds Apart.
The Global Projects and Engineering Team at HWI specializes in greenfield construction, manufacturing and plant modernization, and also services the advanced engineering needs of existing facilities. These services include the following benefits:
- End-to-end delivery of refractories: drawings, products, and installation
- Expertise in all applications, including rapidly advancing technologies such as coal gasification units
- Strong conceptual drawing capabilities with meticulous attention to detail
Call (412) 375-6920 to mobilize a HarbisonWalker International projects team today.
HWI Advanced Technology and Research Center (ATRC)
HWI has two ATRC centers for learning, testing, exploration, and innovation. Here in the United States, ATRC houses some of the brightest minds in the refractory industry. Our team of research and development experts works directly with our customers to design, test, and trial new refractory products and applications. ATRC China serves as an important raw materials and qualifications lab. Services include:
- Research and development of new applications and products
- Customer-focused product development
- Comprehensive technical analysis
- Quality-assurance testing
- Benchmark and failure analysis of refractory material
- Slag analysis
- Postmortem analysis
- Training on the basics, like Refractory 101, to more highly customized education that is specific to your business (at your place or ours)