At HarbisonWalker International (HWI), our goal is to keep you running. We are a leading refractory supplier to the pulp and paper industry in the United States. We have 30 global sourcing centers in North America keeping contractors and installers supplied. We are ready to respond like no one else. Our UFALA® brick is recognized among manufacturers as one of the most reliable, quality refractory products available for limekiln operation. We keep large quantities of UFALA® brick in stock at all times.
We have dedicated pulp and paper application specialists with long-standing experience to tailor solutions to every customer. They can also help pinpoint problems operators might not be aware of that could be impacting the lifespan or efficiency of refractories.
HarbisonWalker International experts offer full support for your team, including technical papers, on-site visits to support new mill engineers and new technology, and biannual refractory seminars. We also provide in-depth postmortem capabilities to determine primary wear and enhance performance.
Proven Refractory Products:
UFALA® and MAGNEL®
- Dedicated sales personnel ready to respond 24/7/365
- 19 manufacturing plants producing refractory products in North America, Europe, and Asia
- 30 North American global sourcing centers providing one of the quickest response times in the refractory industry
- Usually shipping with same-day or next-day delivery
- Staging and shipping to anywhere in the world
- Ready-to-ship inventory of our best-selling refractories
Global Projects & Engineering:
- Specialists in new projects offering a range of services, from refractory product supplier all the way to full installation partner
- Greenfield construction
- Manufacturing and plant modernization
- Serving the advanced engineering needs of existing facilities
- End-to-end delivery of refractories: drawings, products, and installation
- Strong conceptual drawing capabilities with meticulous attention to detail
Installation, Service, & Support:
- Support from HWI’s network of premier contractor/installers
- Available benefits of a Value-Added Service (VAS) team:
- Single-source responsibility that delivers cost savings
- Just-in-time delivery of refractory materials, ensuring the freshest product on the jobsite
- Inventory solutions
- Quick response times, minimizing outages and downtime
- More in-depth knowledge of your business, yielding the best refractory solutions
- Embedded HWI team members and resources at your site
- Our Advanced Technology and Research Center is the largest facility in the United States devoted to refractory development, quality assurance, and failure analysis.
Education & Training:
- Ongoing educational seminars at our Advanced Technology and Research Center
- Customized, on-site training for customers upon request
- Webcasts and video training modules upon request